Lakeside Water Control & Improvement District No. 1 (the “District”) was created on September 14, 1998 under the authority of Article XVI, Section 59 of the Texas Constitution. The District contains approximately 166 acres of land, and is located within the Blackhawk development, wholly within the extraterritorial jurisdiction of the City of Pflugerville (the “City”). Blackhawk has been developed primarily for single family residential purposes, and the District provides water, sanitary sewer, and drainage facilities to serve those residences.
The District has contracted with the City to operate, maintain, and manage the water and wastewater facilities and services within its boundaries. As such, general water and wastewater inquiries should be directed to the City’s Public Works Department, which may be contacted at (512) 990-6400. Utility billing information is available at https://utilitybilling.pflugervilletx.gov/, but may also be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 990-6100. After-hours water and wastewater problems, such as water leaks or outages, may be reported to the City via the Citizen’s Communication Line at (512) 990-6700, option 0; and any pollution concerns, illicit discharges, and/or illegal dumping should be reported as described on our Stormwater Resources page.
To determine whether your home is located within the District, please see the District Map.
News and Notices
District residents may have noticed that there are workers in the neighborhood. The District board has been in touch with the company that is doing the work and have an open line of communication with them if there is a need or emergency. The company doing the work is the Housley Group. They can be reached at 1-800-966-2686. This number will ring a non-local call center, so be sure to ask for the Austin office. They will be able to get you to the right person.
On March 2, 2021, Housely informed one of the District board members that there was supposed to have been a door hanger distribution in the last 6 weeks or so alerting residents to the work that will be done this spring. Many residents did not get a door hanger. If you are one of these residents and are interested in knowing, here are the details we have as of this date:
- Housley started by spray-painting pavement and yards to identify the location of existing utilities.
- They are now boring holes to lay conduit that will later be used to pull the fiber optic cable.
- There is some heavy machinery being used and any damage should be confined to the utility right-of-way
- Housley is due to be done with the conduit by mid April
- There is over 30,000 yards of conduit being laid in preparation for the fiber optic cable
- There is no estimate at this time for the completion of this project
- Any questions, complaints, or concerns can be addressed to the Housley office at 800-966-2686.
(The District does not accept open records requests via email. For more information on submitting an open records request, please visit our Open Records page.)